Thursday, December 14, 2006

Brayden's 3rd Birthday

We always have a party for Brayden's friends a little early so he doesn't get so overloaded with presents at Christmas. This party happened to land on December 13. He recently got the new Disney movie CARS, so he wanted a "Car Race" Birthday. I found plates, cups and napkins at Superstore and couldn't resist. Being the ambitious one, I also tried to make a Lightning McQueen cake --3D--well at 10:30 pm on Tuesday night it didn't seem like such a good idea when the back end fell apart. Needless to say we recovered the car with a trusty husband running to Save-On for more icing... and trying to match the colours! WOW! Anyways, Clay also set up a "ginormous" ( thanks gramma rain) race track in the studio. The kids had a lot of fun!


3 comments:

  1. Now that is talent. I always feel so bad for my futrue children when I check out the cakes my friends have made for their own children. being the non artist I think my cakes will consist of a regular round cake with icing and extra special smarties on top. Bravo Jeannine a job well done it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment... it's greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Brayden! And the cake looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete