Saturday, June 27, 2009

Locks of Love

The time has come to cut my hair! I had grown it for a year and finally had 10 inches--the minimum to donate to Locks of Love! I decided to go with them because they take coloured hair, just not bleached. I decided to raise some money for a former student of Fraser who lost her struggle with Cancer 6 months before, so we charged admission to get into the gym. We raised about $300 towards her memory.
So, a year ago, Selenah shaved her head for her brother. I said that I would cut my hair too as soon as I had 10 inches, and I wanted her to help! See here.
This is her mom:
Three other students cut their hair as well:
I love having short hair! Thanks Shelley for coming to school to cut hair and for doing such a great job on my new style!
~June 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment