Thursday, March 11, 2010

Homemade (from scratch) Chocolate Cake

One of my friends from school shared with me her grandmother's recipe for chocolate cake. It is the yummiest cake I have ever tasted, so I thought I would share it with you!

Dry Ingredients:
2 1/2cups flour

2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
6 HEAPING Tablespoons of Cocoa
Mix all these dry ingredients into a bowl.
Wet ingredients:
1 cup butter melted
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons vanilla
2 cups boiling water

Mix these wet ingredients QUICKLY into the dry ingredients with a fork.
Put in a 11 x 18 baking pan with parchment paper for easy removal. Spank the cake to get rid of the bubbles.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the toothpick comes clean.
(p.s. I have used these for really yummy cupcakes too or into a bundt pan for a different shape!)

No comments:

Post a Comment