Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yummy, yet REALLY easy granola bars!

I don't really bake, but these are a weekly item that does get baked in my house because they are so fast, easy and taste really yummy! B and Ry also help out pouring the ingredients into the bowl.

4 cups of oats (whole and quick oats mixed)


1 cup of chocolate chips


1 cup of raisins and/or craisins (I like to mix them 1/2 a cup each)

1 cup of sunflower seeds


1 cup of soy nuts (or any other nuts you prefer-this works well in a peanut free school)

Add one can SWEETENED condensed milk and mix in a big bowl.


Pat firmly into a bar pan with PARCHMENT paper.


Bake at a preheated oven of 350 degrees.


For about 24 minutes (when the top is a light brown).



Cool. (It is easier if you pull it out of the pan to cool.)
Cut into granola bar size pieces. YUMM!

(adapted from Meg's recipe-thanks btw!)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I love the idea of soy nuts in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are LOVING these, J! Thanks for the great recipe. We've varied it up by using white chocolate or butterscotch chips instead of the chocolate. I also did half pumpkin seeds/half soy nuts for more variety.

    I linked to your recipe from my blog! Hope you don't mind.
    r.

    ReplyDelete